[thelist] (Intel + Linux) vs (Sun + Solaris)

Matt Liotta mliotta at r337.com
Sat Apr 13 09:59:12 CDT 2002

This is just plain FUD. Just because someone wants to use an Intel based
solution doesn't mean they have to use personal computer hardware. There are
plenty of Intel based hardware that was specifically designed for the
requirements of a data center. In fact you can even get telco grade hardware
with Intel chips if you would like.

Possibly your husband's ISP should hire some people that know how to
administer Linux properly because Linux in and of itself is not the problem.

-Matt