[thelist] Screen Captures

Derry Talvainn derry at artema.com.au
Sat Apr 13 10:56:01 CDT 2002

I have been asked to put together some web pages that contain screen
captures (of other web pages) with commentary beside them.

The screen captures I take look fantastic at 100% but if I reduce them to as
much as 90% the look really bad and 80% absolutely disgusting. They are far
too big at 100%.

Anyone know of a way to reduce the size of a screen capture without making
the text look bad?

My first attempt at screen capturing was to use Print Screen and paste into
Photoshop - but that was awful even at 100%. Then I found the CorelCapture
utility which does a great job at 100% but that is all. I have tried
reducing the size in Photoshop, Photopaint and also with CorelCapture all to
no avail.

Help me please - my deadline is looming close on this one.

Derry Talvainn
Artema Interactive Design

He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt someone doing it.
(Chinese Proverb)