[thelist] Linux Email Clients

Samir M. Nassar nassarsa at redconcepts.net
Sun Apr 14 01:31:01 CDT 2002

I've been using Evolution for a couple of months now (After KMail) and
it is great.

A word to the wise though: Don't get Evolution from Ximian directly. The
RPM dependencies can hurt future upgrades, at least on my Red Hat 7.2
box.

I recommend getting a recent version of Apt and running 'apt-get install
evolution' with your sources.list pointed to an aptified RawHide
repository.

That will give you Evolution for the upcoming release of Red Hat
(skipjack)(Either 7.3 or 8.0) which doesn't install the Ximian specific
RPM's.

If people need help getting apt to work, or just want a longish
sources.list email me directly.

Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET - Open Source, Public Service