[thelist] Which Netscape?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 14 20:23:01 CDT 2002

> From: Meredith Tupper <meredith at pintsize.com>
[...]
> Time to upgrade Netscape; should I step up to the 6.0
> version or stay within the confines of 4.7?  Also, I think

depends on your needs... personally, i'd suggest you install both...

have a later 4.x version handy for testing (some day a client may say
something is broken in that browser, it'll be nice to have at least for that) and
development...

have a 6.x version to test the newer users and standards...

and grab a mozilla build to see where the browser is going... even though your
average web surfer won't have it, it'll help you be ready for the consumer point
releases of netscape...

> it's time for me to ditch Netscape as a mail program, and
> I'm considering Pegasus or The Bat.  Any recommendations?
> I'm using Win98 at least until the new suse linux comes out
> this month.

i'm a fan of Pegasus, even though the 4.01 version has a few bugs, it's a great
package all around...