[thelist] hiding CSS

Duncan O'Neill dbaxo at ihug.co.nz
Sun Apr 14 22:14:01 CDT 2002

> now, if we really want to use some CSS hacks, then the original poster can
> try modifying the syntax of the @import call to see what causes to be
> seen/hidden from all desired browsers...  things like removing the quotes
or
> the parentheses, or using @import to @import another sheet, etc...

The reason I asked the question in the first place
was to try to find out whether the page I was referring to;
http://pixels.pixelpark.com/~koch/hide_css_from_browsers/import/

was giving me inaccurate information, or whether my version of WinIE4 was
playing tricks on me. As I said, it's Win IE4 being run in compatibility
mode alongside IE5.  Aarvark, this is a post of yours from April 8th;

but it *is* running with IE5 components and just
trying to emulate IE4... i've noted some CSS differences (between a true IE4
install and the emulation mode), but i haven't taken the time to sit down
and
document them...

So, what I'm trying to find out is whether a "true IE4 install" (which I
don't
have)  honours or ignores a stylesheet linked thus;

@import ("stylesheet.css");

as the above site *says* it does, or whether this is one of those "CSS
differences" between a true install and the emulation mode.

thanks,

Duncan O'Neill