[thelist] Screen Captures again

Derry Talvainn derry at artema.com.au
Sun Apr 14 22:41:14 CDT 2002

Thanks for all suggestions:

Could someone please point me to a site where there are some 'successful'
screen captures so I can gauge whether I am just being too fussy here or
whether I am not doing this correctly?

sasha - the screen resolution I took the captures is 800 x 600 - so using a
higher screen resolution is not the problem

Hugh - Downloaded hypersnap - it is a great little utility - but it doesn't
do any better with the quality of the image when scaled

Hassan - No point zooming in as I want Full Screen

Janet - Printkey - couldn't get it to install

Ken - tried 640 x 480 with no better results - was using 800 x 600

Pat - was resampling - so this is not the problem

Christian - I tried 'Snag It' but it isn't the quality I was looking for
either - also tried using 50%, 75% and 25% but didn't think that was an
improvement on the quality in fact it was worse - what am I doing wrong?

Aardvark - Downloaded a utility called 'Screen Ruler' but I am not sure
exactly how you mean me to use it nor how to use the javascript. I am
viewing my files at 100% in Photoshop. To capture a 800 x 800 file using
altprintscreen I would have to increase my screen resolution to above 1024 x
768 to get the length - did you mean me to do this?

I wanted full web pages scaled from 800 pixels to 600 pixels in width
(cropping to reduce the page further) - the height varies depending on the
page content.

Derry Talvainn
Artema Interactive Design

He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt someone doing it.
(Chinese Proverb)