[thelist] HTML Email

Cristian Secara secarica at fx.ro
Mon Apr 15 06:27:01 CDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:51:15 +0100, Paul Backhouse wrote:

>Quick question, a friend of mine has asked if its possible to test how an
>HTML email reacts in a mail client that doesn't support the HTML email.

I think it depends on the e-mail client that sends the original
A good e-mail client will send a message that contains the same text in
both versions - plain text *and* HTML. The reader that cannot read HTML
will always see the plain text version.

I have no idea about the physical structure generated by web e-mail

If the plain text is missing from the message body, it also depends on
the e-mail program used for reading. Some will display all the tag
stuff, making the message practically unreadable by a normal human
reader. It may be some will display nothing, but I have not seen one

Best wishes,

Cristian Secara