[thelist] Flash Player 6 breaks swfs made on flash 5?

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Apr 15 10:06:01 CDT 2002

>The movie shows up, and some of the simple stuff works but anything that
>relies on actionscript seems to be non-functional.

Maybe download the MX trial and see if it traces any errors - or
works when exported as Flash 5 from Flash MX.

>I meant in the browser...ie dyamically loading and unloading different
>versions of the Flash plugin to view what the Movie looks like thru
>different plugins...

If it's the plug-in, you can just replace the plug in in the plug-ins
folder and restart the browser.

For the Active-X control, it's a bit trickier - search for "uninstall
flash" on Macromedia's site.

However, the player works (with rare exceptions) the same nomatter
what browser you're running it under - you if you have multiple
browsers, you also the ability to text multiple plug-ns without
installing/uninstalling.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/