[thelist] SQL Query Question

Means, Eric D eric.d.means at boeing.com
Mon Apr 15 16:38:06 CDT 2002

> >  SELECT tblFOO.name, tblFOO.phone
> >   FROM tblFOOR OUTER JOIN tblBAR
> >    ON (tblFOO.phone = tblBAR.phone)
> >  WHERE tblBAR.phone IS NULL
> >
> >  (something like that; not tested)

> that's it exactly, eric

> sorry i did not see this before firing off my reply in haste

No prob, unfortunately I have to hand-quote my replies (if only there were a
way to get Outlook to reply to plaintext e-mails one way, and RTF e-mails
another...) so I'm sure that one was easy to miss.  :)

> GOAL: URLs should be 'choppable', so that the result is a valid URL

Great tip... I can't even count the times I've been frustrated by chopping a
URL (usually one I followed from another site) and getting a 403 Forbidden
all the way up until I got to the root level (which is usually less than
helpful).  Having to sit there and guess at index.html, index.asp,
index.aspx, index.php, index.shtml... I don't have the patience for that.
:)