[thelist] changing your listing in yahoo

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Tue Apr 16 07:49:01 CDT 2002

> personally i think yahoo (at least the directory
> divison) has lost it. they
> don't show any interest at all in mapping the web
> evenly. it's a pity that a
> yahoo directory listing still matters that much (that > directory listing
of
> mine drives a *lot* of traffic to the project).

I would predict that the Yahoo directory will be closed down and they will
pick up DMOZ's. In the long run I think that Yahoo's true (economic) value
is an aggregator (e.g. portal).  They have already picked up Google as their
search engine, and DMOZ's directory probably is next.  Plus, as the Internet
grows it simply becomes too expensive to keep up with it using paid humans.

<tip author="Josh Feingold" topic="Internet Sales">
If you have to market your own company, but are frustrated by the volume of
"No" that you get, pick up the book "The Greatest Salesman in the World."
It's a gem.
</tip>