[thelist] Barcode Readers in ASP web apps?

Matthias Ritzkowski Matt at grndwtr.com
Tue Apr 16 08:51:16 CDT 2002

Hi Ernie -

I am using barcode scanners in an ASP web app. Works very nicely.
I don't know about DHTML ...

a) Scanning is on a separate page
b) put the focus on the textbox before you scan
c) onchange event for the textbox
d) move to the next page and read the value

the barcode scanner as a "keyboard wedge" makes an entry and presses enter.

Contact me off list if you need more info!