[thelist] ColdFusion: Forcing Download

Nathan Dintenfass nathan at changemedia.com
Tue Apr 16 12:28:01 CDT 2002

No, I am describing an issue that plays out something like this:

1) you code a page to do what you are trying (download a file)
2) you run the page, but some random error happens
3) you now beat your head against a wall because after fixing the error you just can't get it to behave the way you want.
4) you realize IE is caching the content type (and god knows what else) despite have "check every time" and every cache-busting
thing you can think of
5) you close all your IE windows and try the same page again, and it works!

Knowing about 4 saves you the pain of 3.

Not being able to download again sounds funny.

Is the file still on the server?  You might try the deleteFile="no" attribute of CFCONTENT, though I thought that is the default.

Is there a URL we can try?

 - Nathan