[thelist] XML Beginner

Aaron Cole awcole72 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 16 16:04:01 CDT 2002

Hello All:

I'm a relatively OK XHTML/CSS ColdFusion kind of developer who's having a
hard time getting into the XML thing. I understand the basic concept, but
when it comes to actually creating something, I tend to freeze up.

What I'd like to do is create a form in which the user adds the ISBN of
their favorite book.  The action page gets the relevant attributes (title,
author, image, description)and returns them so that I can use them as values
to server variables in my template.

Just today I saw that Amazon is offering an XML application that, I think,
will do what I need.  So I've got two questions:

1)Is this Amazon application really what I'm look for?
2) Do you recommend a good XML tutorial geared towards someone like me, who
is not coming from a programming background?

Aaron
http://www.azf2k.com/