[thelist] Re: thelist digest, Vol 1 #2224

rabbit rabbit at poorrabbit.com
Tue Apr 16 19:40:18 CDT 2002

If you're using PHP, often time's IE won't reload the page no matter
what you do. The way around that has been for to add this code
to every single page, or rather to a file that is included on every page.

<?
header ("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");    // Date in the past
header ("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");
header ("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");  // HTTP/1.1
header ("Pragma: no-cache");                          // HTTP/1.0
?>

--jon

>From: "Nathan Dintenfass" <nathan at changemedia.com>
>To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
>Subject: RE: [thelist] ColdFusion: Forcing Download
>Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:26:16 -0700
>
>No, I am describing an issue that plays out something like this:
>
>1) you code a page to do what you are trying (download a file)
>2) you run the page, but some random error happens
>3) you now beat your head against a wall because after fixing the error you
>just can't get it to behave the way you want.
>4) you realize IE is caching the content type (and god knows what else) despite
>have "check every time" and every cache-busting
>thing you can think of
>5) you close all your IE windows and try the same page again, and it works!
>
>Knowing about 4 saves you the pain of 3.
>
>Not being able to download again sounds funny.
>
>Is the file still on the server?  You might try the deleteFile="no" attribute
>of CFCONTENT, though I thought that is the default.
>
>Is there a URL we can try?
>
> - Nathan

  Jon Cortmaior | poor rabbit consulting | unix geek | web monkey
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man
 who cannot read them."  -- Mark Twain