[thelist] SIC Codes Downloads?

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Tue Apr 16 20:54:01 CDT 2002

Chris Montgomery wrote:

>Ron,
>
>Ahhh. Misunderstood what you wanted. Several years ago, I purchased a couple
>of CD's that had business info organized by SIC code. These were updated
>quarterly by subscription. I don't remember the name of the company, but I
>can root around and find the CD's if you want to know more.
>
>Your client might also want to check out
>http://www.infousa.com/homesite/products.html. They have the same kind of
>information available in mailing list format, including SICs (I think this
>is where InfoSpace.com gets its listings).  There is also a free search that
>starts here:
>http://infousa.com/cgi-bin/abicgi/abicgi.pl?BAS_session={bas_session}&BAS_ve
>ndor=94&BAS_type=LIS&BAS_page=8100&BAS_flag=1&bas_action=Register+Later
>(watch the URL wrap). If you select the SIC search option, you can search
>for up to 24 SIC codes.

I have used InfoUSA and still have an account with them.  Any idea if
the result is downloadable so I can plug it into a db?  Of course I can
probably find out on the site . . .  I am getting lazy in my old age!

>Sorry my replies seem delayed, it's taking hours for them to show up on the
>list.

They seem to be doing ok from my end, however I am taking breaks and
returning to work.  My posts usually come back to me in a few seconds, 2
- 3 minutes max.  Looking at time stamps, my reply to you was 4:43 pm,
you response was 6:16pm.  Definitely not what I usually see in response
time.

Where are you located and what type of connectivity do you have?  WE
probably should take this part offline.

Ron D.