[thelist] OT: Creating PDA Applications?

cdj chris at fuzzylizard.com
Tue Apr 16 22:06:00 CDT 2002

Hello,

Hope this post is not to far off topic, however, you people are the
smartest on the globe so I decided to ask you first.

A friend of mine would like an application built that can run on a Palm
OS PDA. So, the question is, has anyone done this and how hard is it to
do? Also, does it cost anything to download the tools and libraries
required for programming an application.

Basically what he is looking for is a database type application that
allows him to do some math. I do not believe that access databases can
be ported to Palm PDA's so is there any other simple way of doing this
without programming a complete application from the ground up. He would
also like the data to be retrievable from the PDA and placed into access
so that reports could be created.

<tip author="Chris Johnston" type="Programming">
If you really want to be a good programmer, then go to school and learn
the math. The rewards really are worth the pain and the increased
understanding of how a computer and computer languages work is
indispensable.

Computer science was developed by mathematicians so you had better learn
a little something about their world in order to understand your world.
</tip>

--
/chris

<www.fuzzylizard.com>