[thelist] overflow: auto/scroll

sam samiam at sam-i-am.com
Tue Apr 16 23:01:08 CDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, aardvark wrote:

> pre	{	font-family : Courier, "Courier New", fixed-width, monospace ;
> 		font-size : 80% ;
> 		line-height : 140% ;
> 		clear : both ;
> 		overflow : auto ;
> 		padding : 5px ; }
>
> on this page (and others):
> http://roselli.org/adrian/articles/breadcrumbs.asp
> (the evolt style makes the photo in the top-left not have the halo)

my 2 cents here, I'd put the pre in a div with overflow: auto, and as
suggested by others, you do need to specify a width on the container
scrolly element for it to know when it has overflow-ed. Style the PRE and
the DIV container as seperate elements (to make each reusable), and
spare a thought for the dear departed XMP :)

Sam