[thelist] Site Critique request: www.kfx-design.co.uk

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Wed Apr 17 05:04:01 CDT 2002

kristina wrote:

>I have spent the weekend 'doing' my site, and if you could spare a
>  few minutes, I would value your collective opinions.
>
>  My main concern is that perhaps its overall feeling is too 'dark',
>  please don't hold back, I value every opinion.
>
>  The URL is http://kfx-design.co.uk/

Just tried it using Mozilla 0.9.9 on WinXP (my default browser). The
main site block is left aligned rather than being centered on the page
and there is a slight misalignment between the header grey bar and the
right hand edge of the photo. I'll mail a screenshot if you like but I
recommend grabbing Mozilla yourself for testing. I like the design, the
colour scheme isn't too dark in my opinion but then I'm a rubbish
designer so take that with a pinch of salt ;)

The screenshots might look nicer if you trimmed off the browser chrome
before resizing them, especially with all those extra toolbars.

That's one whole load of meta tags... are they really all necessary?