[thelist] Site Critique request: www.kfx-design.co.uk

dn at dittodesign.co.uk dn at dittodesign.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 06:55:01 CDT 2002

Hi Kristina,

Happy to return the favour. =8-)

win98se ie6 1024

>   My main concern is that perhaps its overall feeling is too 'dark',

Listen to your instinct :-)
Sorry that sounds really harsh reading back.

I like the front page a touch more colour would really make it shine
though.
Maybe use the yellow you have on the front page a little more to brighten
and sharpen things up, possibly in the page titles and the borders beyond
the front page. I noticed the borders are all different colours. Some of
them
to match the sites in your folio. I didn't notice the colour until my third
viewing
of the page. All yellow borders here maybe to much, I don't know. Decide
on a colour scheme and stick with it throughout.

I agree with Simon trimming the browser from the screenshots will
sharpen the page, and bring out the border colours to.

Clicking on the links turns them red briefly in NS but not IE.

NS4.7 presents your borders with an uneven gap between the grey
and the border colour. The boxes on the folio page are all different
sizes to. The images of the quads seem to be stacked on the contact page
at the bottom. The gap at the top of each page is around 6px in IE and
upto around 16px in NS.

>Just tried it using Mozilla 0.9.9 on WinXP (my default browser). The
>main site block is left aligned rather than being centered on the page
>and there is a slight misalignment between the header grey bar and the
>right hand edge of the photo.

Same in NS6.2 rv:0.9.4

Finally,
phew I hear. =*-)
The paragraph on the front page needs a little work with the phrasing.

>Stylish, thoughtful websites that will provide a striking and prominent
online presence. From a single, >informative page to a fully-functioning
e-commerce empire, kFx can create a carefully sculpted solution for >any
application.

Producers of Stylish and thoughtful websites that provide a striking and
prominent online presence. From a single information page to a fully
integrated e-commerce development. kFx can create a carefully sculpted
solution for any application.

or some such, and 'Search Engine Admissions' would read better
'Search Engine Submissions'. imho. You probably haven't got around
to the content text yet I don't know. A little description of the sites in
the
folio would be nice, potential customers are not gonna understand java, css
etc.

Regarding links mentioned in  previous posts. For what its worth
I prefer no underline until hover. Usually you can tell it's navigation
by its position and hovering confirms by providing a reconginised
link line and/or colour change. I just think underlined links spoil a page.

K, thats it gotta do some work now. I'll cart my system down to the bunker.
Feel free to flame me and generally lambast my own efforts ;-)

Bloody hell, I've just looked back, this has gone a bit War and Peace.;-)

hth

Darren Yates
dn at dittodesign.co.uk
http://dittodesign.co.uk