[thelist] PHP Dates Dilemma

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Wed Apr 17 15:17:01 CDT 2002

Hello All :

    I am in the process of automating a tutoring sign up process for my
club. I have been having some difficulties trying to get PHP to work
with dates correctly. What I would like to do is pragmatically figure
out the dates that correspond to each Tuesday and Thursday of the month
(currently, these are the only days that I offer tutoring). As it
stands, this is what I am doing so far :

1. Get current day
2. Loop, till I find the next Tuesday and Thursday
3. Do stuff with it.

    I am sure that there is an easier way to get the same information,
without having to add hours to the current day (which is what I am doing
currently). Any suggestions? Sample code would be nice. :D

Thanks,
Burhan Khalid