[thelist] How do you validate an A link with a "target"?

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Wed Apr 17 16:31:00 CDT 2002

target="" is not an allowed attribute under the Strict doctypes. It is
allowed under a Transistional or Frameset doctype, though, even in XHTML. To
open a new window in HTML Strict, use Javascript:

onclick="window.open('foo.html?one=1&amp;two=2');return false;">Here</a>

Notice the ampersand was written &amp; too.