[thelist] Run application using hyperlink

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Thu Apr 18 07:47:02 CDT 2002

Does anyone know how to create a web page (which would be stored locally on
the users system) that can open applications when the user clicks a
hyperlink?  The environment is mainly IE 4+.  If I do a simple hyperlink, I
am get two prompts from Microsoft, would you like to download this file, and
that there is no certificate.  I don't want any prompts.  Is there an easy
way to do this?

Thanks,
Josh