[thelist] Re: <hr> and Netscape

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Thu Apr 18 15:26:01 CDT 2002

Is it really that big of a deal that netscape 4.x
decides to show a transparentish 3d hr instead of
a particular color?  Chalk it up to one of the
limitations of an old browser.  It certainly has
nothing to do with whether or not the color is
"web safe".  If it absolutely *has* to be that
particular color, just make an image you can
stretch to the desired size.

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://www.bittersweet2.com

4/18/2002 11:22:04 AM, "Bird" <bird at koolfish.com>
wrote:

>danbee wrote:
>
>>have you tried putting noshade in the tag?
>><hr width="100%" color="#A5B8A9" size="3"
noshade>

>and then Cristi wrote:
>
>In both Netscape 4.08 and 4.72 the rule appears.
>Without noshade the rule is an empty "rectangle",
while with noshade the
>rule appears filled. However, the color does not
exists (it looks like a
>sort of gray).
>
>The colour is like a horrid pale grey green
colour. In IE it displays
>the colour correctly but in my versions of
Netscape it displays as a
>dark grey green. Is this because it is not a web
safe colour? The client
>won't let me change it, he's a bloody stockbroker
who thinks he's a
>designer, he's one of those clients who won't
accept any of your