[thelist] cause of this 2px space?

David A. Demko support at inetcomputerproducts.com
Fri Apr 19 05:57:01 CDT 2002

...from Marc...

If you look at the right side of the blue bar at top, IE and Opera
apparently place the image 2 pixels away from the edge of the div,
causing
the background colour to be visible.

Any ideas why?

thanks.
-marc

Marc,

Change your css properties in the div#title to background-position:
right; , checked it in IE6, Opera 6.1, and Netscape 6.2 and it
renders just fine.

I assume that you know that it really does not render well in IE6
with screen resolution set to 800 X 600 (causes your div#nav to
wrap the text).

I think I left everything else the same, but in case I didn't here
is div#title,

div#title
{
background-color: #000080;
color: #FFF;
text-align: right;
font-size: 0.9em;
font-weight: bold;
background-position: right;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-image: url(righticon.png);
font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica;
padding-left: 70px;
height: 20px;
border: 2px solid #fff;
border-bottom: none;