[thelist] site check/critique request

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Fri Apr 19 08:44:14 CDT 2002

Opera 6 supports CSS-2 (read up
http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/#css), but it looks
absolutely awful.  I am using 6.02 1082 (beta, 6.1 is
the current release version) at 1024x768 and all the
text overlaps (it is the worst on the front page, but
there are minor occurances on some of the other pages).
Thank god for user mode (I turned off most of your css).
I was able to read the content of your site once I
switched, and it preserved your layout.

Highlighting most of the text caused it to dissapear.

Your front page should give me an idea of what fyuze is.
It just looks like news from other sites smushed onto
your page.  Why would I want to explore further?

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://www.bittersweet2.com

4/19/2002 4:13:31 AM, "Justin Klubnik"
<pseudonym at mindspring.com> wrote:

>Hello fellow evolters,
>
>I've been a lurker for sometime now (trying to get the
feel for what is
>appropriate for the list) and would appreciate it if
you all could give my
>site a check/critique. The address is http://fyuze.com
The site is actually
>part of a service I've been working on developing, so I
am very interested
>in how easy it is for you to understand what it does,
understand how to use
>the interface, etc. In other words, I'm interested in
knowing whether you
>find things to be relatively easy to understand and
figure out, or if things
>are too difficult.
>
>Additionally, I'd be interested in whether or not you
find the interface
>attractive, readable, etc. Or how feel about any of the
graphics, and what
>not. Does it appeal to you? Turn you off? That kind of
thing.

>Quick Note:
>The site is designed for browsers that support CSS2 (IE
5+, Moz, Netscape
>6+), this is primarily because all the skinning/theming
is done via CSS,
>allowing users to customize the interface via
stylsheets. So, visiting the
>site in NS4 or Opera will result in a pile of goo.
>
>Also (assuming the site does a decent job of explaining
the what it does),
>do you find it useful? Does it perform like you expect
it? Anything else
>strike you?
>
>I'm being intentionally vague about what the "service"
is, because I want to
>know whether or not I've done a good job explaining it
on the site. Please