[thelist] New WebMail site - beta!

Samir M. Nassar nassarsa at redconcepts.net
Fri Apr 19 09:44:01 CDT 2002

Kalimera Kostas,

Personally I don't think I'll ever pay for any specific email service
again. If only because mine comes relatively free.

My brother and I run our own web and mail server and already have
webmail. We don't have POP accounts, but I hear this IMAP thing is not
too bad.

Also, I'd strongly suggest moving everything to https. Privacy and some
sense of security are a big issue, and all my mail is checked over
either HTTPS or IMAP over SSH. Offering, and marketing that would be a
extra bonus point I think.

issues

In http://beta.reply.gr/signup.php where you enter the day and month
using drop downs instead of having the top entry marked by dashes I'd
consier say day and month. I know there is a legen, but the faint gray
doesn't really show up too well, and even with a darker  color I still
think you'd be better off with telling people what menus they are
accessing as they go, not after the fact.

In http://mail.reply.gr/list I am not sure if this is intended, but when
you hover over address, tasks, bookmarks, notes, the orange highlight
hits the bottom of the text and extends about 1 pixel over the edge of
the blue nav bar.

Good Things (tm):

I love that the default is set to sending plain text. I've said it
before (and gotten lectured for it) and I am saying it again. Friends
don't let friends send HTML email.

I love the layout. It is clean and classic. No muss no fuss and
definately not 'broken stuff'. Some people forget that functionality and
simplicity can be things to be desired, on the web and off the web. I am
glad you guys didn't. Since this is a Greek website, I'd say that I love
the Spartan layout. (more horrible puns brought to you courtesy of
dangergelder)

Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET - Open Source, Public Service
https://www.redconcepts.net