[thelist] New WebMail site - beta!

Kostas Nasis kostas at neusis.com
Fri Apr 19 10:15:00 CDT 2002

Samir,

Thank you for all your comments.

> Also, I'd strongly suggest moving everything to https.
> Privacy and some
> sense of security are a big issue, and all my mail is checked over
> either HTTPS or IMAP over SSH. Offering, and marketing that would be a
> extra bonus point I think.

This is something we'll be adding in the very near future. I'd also like
to add support for PGP, S/MIME (Secure MIME). I agree that
privacy/security features are important and also highly marketable.
Unfortunately there's only 24 hours in a day! :)

> In http://beta.reply.gr/signup.php where you enter the day and month
> using drop downs instead of having the top entry marked by dashes I'd
> consier say day and month. I know there is a legen, but the faint gray
> doesn't really show up too well, and even with a darker  color I still
> think you'd be better off with telling people what menus they are
> accessing as they go, not after the fact.

Agreed. We'll make the changes.

> In http://mail.reply.gr/list I am not sure if this is
> intended, but when
> you hover over address, tasks, bookmarks, notes, the orange highlight
> hits the bottom of the text and extends about 1 pixel over the edge of
> the blue nav bar.

I've noticed this too. It doesn't happen in every browser though, and it
doesn't ruin the layout in anyway so I've let it slide for now.

> I love that the default is set to sending plain text. I've said it
> before (and gotten lectured for it) and I am saying it again. Friends
> don't let friends send HTML email.

Agreed :) Many have asked for a WYSIWYG editor for sending mail... I'm
hesitant :)

> I love the layout. It is clean and classic. No muss no fuss and
> definately not 'broken stuff'. Some people forget that
> functionality and
> simplicity can be things to be desired, on the web and off
> the web. I am
> glad you guys didn't. Since this is a Greek website, I'd say
> that I love
> the Spartan layout. (more horrible puns brought to you courtesy of
> dangergelder)

Our goal was to focus on functionality and keep the interface light and
intuitive. We welcome any suggestions for improvements, regardless of
how minor they may seem.

Thanks again,

Kostas