[thelist] ASP file upload problems

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Fri Apr 19 13:18:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
I was hoping a window would popup asking me for the password - no such luck.
How can I  incorporate the username and password into the ASP code?  Or is
there another solutions?  The code follows.  Thanks for any help!!!!!!
[/snip]

The network name/password combination files are in a metabase (WinNT,
Win2KS)which is difficult (at best) to be able to use for a login. What you
could do is create a database for users, allow them to register, present
them with a page where they have to log in, and then let them upload files
to the server. If I am not mistaken, ASPSimpleUpload allows you to set the
file extensions that are acceptable, so you could keep out potential
problems that way.

OTOH, anytime you allow uploads to the server you are creating a concern for
security, and if you are worried about executables being uploaded you should
be able to prevent that by setting files extensions allowed.

Jay