[thelist] Re: Viewing page transition

Mark Gallagher mark at cyberfuddle.com
Sat Apr 20 02:46:01 CDT 2002

<delurk>

Peacce7 at aol.com wrote:
> Does anyone know how to preview a page transition effect using Frontpage.
> Help me.

I'll start off with the annoying high-and-mighty stuff that you'll
probably want to skip (but I hope you don't): why are you using
Frontpage?  You'll find you're producing far better websites if you
learn HTML.  And page transitions are irritating - I don't know of a
single IE user who knows how who hasn't turned them off (fortunately
they don't show up in other browsers, so we aren't affected).

Okay, that said, I don't think it's possible within FP, but I could be
wrong - it's been a few years since I last used it, and even then it was
only in a sort of "I'm bored, I may as well see if FP has gotten
better"-type check.  Simply create two documents - one with the
transition effect, and one with a link to it.

View the link one in Internet Explorer (with page transitions turned
on), then follow the link to the transitiony one.  If you're instantly
irritated beyond belief, you know the page transition is working :o)

--
Mark Gallagher
http://cyberfuddle.com/infinitebabble/