[thelist] Creating a tabbed menu - XHTML + CSS

Samir M. Nassar nassarsa at redconcepts.net
Sat Apr 20 19:45:00 CDT 2002

Hey there gang,

I have a horizontal menu whose items are boxed using CSS.

Below it is a content area which is boxed as well.

I am trying to align the bottom border of the menu to go with the top
border of the content are and create a tabbed menu.

I tried this so far by positioning using pixels, but that does not give
me uniform outcomes.

I am searching the web, and I am not getting the results I would like.
Mainly the rendering is inconsistent across browsers.

I guess I could use tables, but I am hoping there is an alternative.

Thank you for all the help in advance.

Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET - Open Source, Public Service
http://www.redconcepts.net