[thelist] Hiding E-mail Address

Martin Tsachev shaggy at members.evolt.org
Sun Apr 21 15:14:01 CDT 2002

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 01:45:39 +0500, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
>Hi Martin, Thanks for taking time to reply.
>I don't know PHP and depend on other nice guys for such things of Web World. I
>just saw a technology being used and I also want to use it. Do you know any
>other way for doing so (specially using JavaScript) or can you direct me to
>any source for such techniques?

Sorry Syed but this cannot be done with JavaScript at all.

The best thing to do is ask the nice guys( or force them if you're the boss and
they don't wanna listen) to install you a SMTP server which will relay your
mail. You will need one because most public SMTP servers won't accept your
wrong email address.

When you have your local mail server you only need to enter "your address" in
your mail client and you're ready to go.

Martin Tsachev
http://members.evolt.org/shaggy/