[thelist] RE: Lotus Notes browser?

Pete Riddle pcridd at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 05:32:01 CDT 2002

>As far as I can remember they don't have their own
>browser but hook
>into IE.
>It was IE4 at the time I found this out (2 years
ago?). >Might be IE5
>now,
>but then it wouldn't mess up your site, I suppose.

>Try IE4 and see what happens. If that isn't it I'm
out of >ideas.

Oh, it's worse than that ;-)

Release 5.0.1a STILL uses IE 4 as one of it's built-in
browser options. Unfortunately, that's the good news.
Notes default browser is their own, and from past
experience, seems roughly equivalent to version 3
browsers.

aardvark, if you'd like some screen caps of a site,
just lemme know offlist. I'd be happy to help. We
(unfortunately) decided to migrate from ccMail to
Notes a couple years ago because most of our federal
clients use it as well.

Pete