[thelist] PHP Session Variables

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Tue Apr 23 10:53:01 CDT 2002

Greetings group!

I have a set of PHP pages that use session variables for a number of things.
Rather than pass the session ID through the URL I usually place <?
session_start(); ?> at the top of each page. While this works, I am afraid
that I am starting new sessions for each page visited during the user's
visit. Is there a better, more acceptable, cleaner, less resource intensive
way to do this? I have searched for examples, but can find none in either
books or online (unless I am misreading some of the information I have
seen).

TIA!

Jay