[thelist] sorting an ASP form dump

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 23 17:26:02 CDT 2002

> From: "Eric Engelmann" <eric.engelmann at geonetric.com>
>
> <snip>
> what's a good way to sort a form dump like this alphabetically
> and/or numerically?
> </snip>
>
> Oops, sorry for the blank one.
>
> Are the fields pre-set, but with x of each? Like this:
[...]
> Or are they totally free-form? Ack, if so, you'd need to get it into
> an array or dictionary and sort from there.

free-form... as in, i'm trying something totally new, and it may be
retarded, but i want the field name to be used as the field label in
the final output (which will always be email)...

so a textarea might have the name
"1._How_did_you_hear_about_us?", (where the number is section
it's in -- this form has 6 sections), and the final output in the email
looks like this:

1. How did you hear about us?:
Yo momma

again, i'm trying something new... the client knows how to add form
fields, but isn't able to update the email script... so i want it to
happen automagically, and have the person who gets the email
understand what the hell's in it...

i often go off on these overcomplicated flights of fancy, but they've
resulted in my breadcrumbs script, splash skip script, and font
sizing script, so sometimes they come in handy...

> Is it possible to sort of just copy the Request.Form Collection into a
> Dictionary object in one shot?

dunno, gonna try...