[thelist] Can JS Search a Site

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at hotpop.com
Tue Apr 23 17:44:01 CDT 2002

Hello Experts,
While using search system of Adobe Photoshop's Help web pages (obviously
they are on my local drive) a question rose in my mind. Can there be
some searching code of JavaScript which could search a site for the
given words and could return the results as they are returned on search
engines (Yahoo!, Google, etc.) I think on most search engines it is done
by PHP or something like that but not JS. But I want the search to be
done by JS. Is it possible?
Any helping URL's will also be highly appreciated.
Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/