[thelist] _target= opening new window parameters?

D.Bruce Saurer g1notami at zoominternet.net
Tue Apr 23 20:55:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>

> function HughWindow() {
> newWindow =

window.open("../info.html","WinName","toolbar=no,location=no,scrollbars=yes,
> width=400,height=500");
> }
> </script>
>
> and then you'd call that thusly (which ensures those without JS enabled
will
> still see the page view just a new window, but at least they'll see it):

> onClick="javascript:HughWindow();return false;">

I have multiple 30sec video clips. I want to offer each as QuickTime and
WindowsMedia in a popup plus a traditional link.  A small thumb handles the
trad link while QT and WM icons provide the "button" for the popup.  I've
moved the top piece of code (function?) to a linked .js file with a new
instance for each new window (HughWindow1()...HughWindow2()...etc) then call
them from the anchor tag.  It works but it seems a long way around somehow.
I need to keep this simple and direct but I'd like it to be efficient.  Not
too tall an order for knowing nothing about javascript, eh?  I'd appreciate
a push in the right direction.

thanks,
bruce
g1notami at zoominternet.net