[thelist] scrolling horizontal screen scripts

Lisa Frost lisa at koolfish.com
Wed Apr 24 11:00:01 CDT 2002

Hi,
A client of mine wants a website that functions the same as this site:
http://www.beautifullyblue.com/ When you clink a the link the page zooms
one screen to the left to reveal the next screen of content.

I think I have managed to work out how to do it, but was wondering if
there were any free scripts that would do the same thing that come with
comments or instructions. I could not find any at
http://dynamicdrive.com/ but have not been able to check other
javascript sources yet as the internet has gone down here. I was also
wondering how cross browser this type of thing is. I could view it in IE
5, when I tried to view it in NS6 and IE4 I had problems but I think
that may have been my internet connection and I gave up. Any thoughts
about this type of navigation for the site would be appreciated and any
pitfalls to look out for would be appreciated. I am a total beginner
when it comes to javascript.

<tip type="checking page download on a slow connection" author="Lisa
Frost">
You want to know how long your beautiful page is going to take on a slow
internet connection? Ask me to test it for you! I am supposed to be on a
56kb modem, when I connect my isp lies to me and tells me I am connected
at 45kb, when really I am lucky to get between 10-20kb on a good day. I
can't answer many of your questions on here but I can provide you with a
service for testing your pages! ;)

Test your connection speed: http://promos.mcafee.com/speedometer/
</tip>