[thelist] Internet Explorer Install on Demand

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at hotpop.com
Thu Apr 25 10:06:00 CDT 2002

Hello Experts,
I some times arrive to the sites, which are written in those characters,
which my machine does not recognise e.g. Japanese and Chinese sites. In
this case a dialog box appears with "Internet Explorer Install on
Demand" in its title bar. Remaining box says:
"To display this page correctly, you need to download and install the
following components.
And in this way it goes forth. The question is, how this dialogue box is
made to appear and from where it downloads those "components"? Can I
compel my user to install the font used on my site in this way? For
instance I have a font "Urdu Web". It is Windows based font and deals
with Urdu language characters. Can I compel my user to download this
font in above mentioned way?
Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/