[thelist] Re: thelist digest, Vol 1 #2246 - 40 msgs

robert at netologies.com robert at netologies.com
Thu Apr 25 20:57:01 CDT 2002

Thanks for clearing things up for me, Martin.  I recently installed
Flash MX and I know I have the latest version of the player.  I thought
that could have been the obstacle for Freda.

I noticed the squares also, but the pages that have multiple screens
have color-filled squares.  I seems like a neat way of doing things.

With Flash being what it is, a proprietary tool for building web sites,
we will probably see more of these type of mini-web apps, don't you
think?  It appears that the Flash developer will have UI challenges that
do not currently exist for the traditional web developer.  People have
learned how to surf using the limitations of the browser "sandbox".  It
appears that we will be challenged to pause and think before diving in.
Flash has a lot to offer and it appears that Macromedia is attempting to
drive the standards for rich client technologies.  We, the web
community, must counter that with positive feedback so we all win.  It
will be interesting to see how these things shake out.

Robert

http://radio.weblogs.com/0001164/stories/2002/03/19/richClientTechnologies.
html