[thelist] Flash Shopping Cart

Janet FitzGerald waxplanet at sunflower.com
Thu Apr 25 22:26:01 CDT 2002

Dear Evolt crew,

I am working on a school project putting together a shopping cart using
Flash and a simple Access database.  For now, I've decided to modify an
existing shopping cart .fla, but I'm having a problem.  Right now, it's
a very simple shopping cart with fruit thumbnails that you click on to
get a detailed view, name, and price.  In the detailed view, there is
also a text link that says ADD TO CART.  When you click on the "add to
cart" link, it adds the name and price to a list, then calculates the
items with a "Total" text field.

The file structure has the main shoppingcart.swf, then the fruit .swf
files such as apple.swf, pineapple.swf, banana.swf.  There is also one
shoppingcart.txt file.

Ok, here's my question:  How is the .txt file created, and how do I make
the main shoppingcart.swf call the instances in the other fruit movies?
I can't find anything in the actionscript that specifically calls for
these movies so that I can exchange the fruit for the art glass that I
want to use. I'm totally missing something here.

Thanks so much!

Janet FitzGerald
Novice shoppingcart builder