[thelist] Flash Shopping Cart

Janet FitzGerald waxplanet at sunflower.com
Fri Apr 26 01:09:01 CDT 2002

Hi Sasha!

I really can't set it up now to be downloaded, but here is the
shoppingcart.txt file:

item1=Apple&cost1=10&url1=apple.swf&item2=Grapes&cost2=15&url2=grapes.sw
f&item3=Pineapple&cost3=20&url3=pineapple.swf&item4=Coconut&cost4=25&url
4=coconut.swf&item5=Banana&cost5=30&url5=banana.swf&item6=Pears&cost6=35
&url6=pears.swf&item7=Fruit&cost7=50&url7=fruitbunch.swf&count=7

What is confusing to me, is that all of the fruit.fla files are simply
one image imported into one keyframe on one layer with no action script.
The information in the text file is what appears inside the text fields
during the movie.  So, the movie is calling the .txt file.

Since I sent my first email to evolt, I have managed to stick in my own
movie and make it work by replacing the picture in each fruit movie,
then going into the text file and changing the "title" (text field
variable) and the "cost" (text field variable).  NOW, the problem is
with the comma and the decimal in say, $50,000.00 (expensive art glass).
When there is "punctuation", then the total (text field variable)
calculates to a NaN (not a number?)  I hope I'm making sense, here.

So, I can almost 100% fake it, as long as my expensive art glass is
cheap and under $1000 dollars, but not quite.

Thanks for all help!

Janet FitzGerald
Lawrence, KS