[thelist] Flash Shopping Cart

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Fri Apr 26 08:40:01 CDT 2002

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/dec
imal_places.htm

I thought there was a function in Flash to do this...
While trying to find it, I found this.  It might be
helpful for you regarding currency formatting.  They
create their own function to display the currency with
appropriate decimal places (which you can probably
adjust to put commas in the proper places), once the
total is calculated.

Calling the price totals within an external document is
a good idea for Flash, since your "imaginary" client can
easily update that without touching the movie.

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://www.bittersweet2.com

4/26/2002 2:08:07 AM, "Janet FitzGerald"
<waxplanet at sunflower.com> wrote:

>Hi Sasha!
>
>I really can't set it up now to be downloaded, but here
is the
>shoppingcart.txt file:
>
>item1=Apple&cost1=10&url1=apple.swf&item2=Grapes&cost2=
15&url2=grapes.sw
>f&item3=Pineapple&cost3=20&url3=pineapple.swf&item4
=Coconut&cost4=25&url
>4=coconut.swf&item5=Banana&cost5=30&url5
=banana.swf&item6=Pears&cost6=35
>&url6=pears.swf&item7=Fruit&cost7=50&url7
=fruitbunch.swf&count=7

>What is confusing to me, is that all of the fruit.fla
files are simply
>one image imported into one keyframe on one layer with
no action script.
>The information in the text file is what appears inside
the text fields
>during the movie.  So, the movie is calling the .txt
file.

>Since I sent my first email to evolt, I have managed to
stick in my own
>movie and make it work by replacing the picture in each
fruit movie,
>then going into the text file and changing the "title"
(text field
>variable) and the "cost" (text field variable).  NOW,
the problem is
>with the comma and the decimal in say, $50,000.00
(expensive art glass).
>When there is "punctuation", then the total (text field
variable)
>calculates to a NaN (not a number?)  I hope I'm making
sense, here.

>So, I can almost 100% fake it, as long as my expensive
art glass is