[thelist] [Simple layout] I want to reach the standards

Ken Kogler ken at kenkogler.com
Sat Apr 27 13:52:00 CDT 2002

This is slightly off-topic since you asked for help in debugging your
stylesheets, but consider it food for thought:

Since you're trying to reach the broadest base of people possible, you
may want to consider at least using *some* tables for your layout. If a
non-CSS browser visits your site, they get a whole lot of plain text,
and they have to go sorting through it to find the relevant information.

You may want to consider making the most basic page structure in a
table, like this:

And then apply colors, text formatting, etc via the style sheets.

Hth,
Ken