[thelist] OS X permissions problem

Mark S Lowe msl at stimulus.com
Sat Apr 27 23:04:01 CDT 2002

I¹m running OS X 10.1.4 using Apache and I¹m trying to migrate my Sun Perl
Scripts to my local machine so that I may work at home. The problem I¹m
having is getting OS X to allow my CGI¹s to have write permission on
directories and files as I do on my Sun box. I¹ve created user / group
called httpd. I¹ve attached the user httpd to the group httpd. I¹m only
allowing a single directory to be written to by my CGI¹s. I¹ve modified my
httpd.conf file to run the Apache server as httpd for both user and group.
I¹ve granted a full 777 to the directory in question and assigned the group
and user as httpd, and yet my CGI fails to write to my local hard drive as
it does on my ISP¹s box. I¹ve worked very closely with the founder of my ISP
to ensure that my configuration files and permission settings are the same
as his, and nothing is working.

Has anyone done this successfully in OS X?

Right now, the only anomaly is OS X.

Thanks in advance!

Mark