[thelist] copyright help

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 28 12:37:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Jake Robinson" <whereareallthegoodnames at hotmail.com>
>
> first of all, I would like to thank you all for your advice and
> extremely helpful information. Over the course of yesterday I sent
> Chip 3 emails, the first one which was the one that mentioned I would
> take the site down, and then a further two saying that I would only
> take the site down if he could provide the relevant details to enforce
> this. I then recieved another email from him this morning which is as
[...]

wihout seeing your other two emails, i would say that no further action is
required on your part... forget about it until you receive the letters from his
lawyers...

remember, at this point it's going to cost him more than it will cost you, and
evidence suggests he may not have a leg to stand on...

but in the meantime, just be sure you aren't snide or anything, and be sure
you sit on any email responses you draft for at least a few hours so you don't
continue the triple-response approach... that will be a bitch to manage for both
of you, and you want to have on single message throughout...

and you've got this list for the basic advice you may need...