[thelist] ASP-Access recordset/command update

Karen J. Bowen karen at miinx.com.au
Sun Apr 28 21:29:00 CDT 2002

Ken Kogler wrote:
>>       Set oCmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
>
> Shouldn't that be "ADODB.Connection"?

I don't think so (but I'm getting so confused at the moment that I'm
just not sure!)

I create the Connection Object at the start - forgot to include that
code, but basically I have a Function called "OpenDB()" that opens the
DB, and I call that at the start of the code, assigning it to oConn.

That line you're referring to then sets up the Command object - but
that's where I'm wondering if what I'm trying to do at that point is
illegal maybe, as it's not doing anything.

Thanks,
Karen
Miinx Design & Development
e :: karen at miinx.com.au