[thelist] DB2/400 returns EBCDIC

Ron_Senykoff at beaerospace.com Ron_Senykoff at beaerospace.com
Mon Apr 29 06:52:01 CDT 2002

<snip>
Sorry didn`t see this till now. Quick question? Is your WAS running on the
iSeries machine? If it is the iSeries should be able to translate the
ebcdic
to ascii happily with the right map directive on the http server.

a little like this :

Exec /cgifram/* /QSYS.LIB/cgi_fram.LIB/*  %%EBCDIC%%

chris.
</snip>

WAS is running on NT.  Wish I could find a solution as simple as your
iSeries answer!
For now I'm stuck using the JD Edwards ODBC driver, but I know there's got
to be a better solution.  I mean, isn't ODBC considered sort of a
last-resort route?

-Ron