[thelist] Flash and a database

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Apr 30 16:50:00 CDT 2002

you only found a couple of examples? hmm...

the help command in flash is very useful since it gives you an example
and explanation of just about every function (every function is listed
but they don't all have examples).

the function you want is loadVariables() and getURL(). loadVariables
retrieves information from a file and getURL() sends information to a
file/webpage. it's basically the query string that gets sent when you
use getURL().

as for real database use with flash you need to use XML. although i've
never tried, this is the way to go.

chris.