[thelist] Need Reliable Host!

robert at netologies.com robert at netologies.com
Tue Apr 30 21:03:01 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, April 30, 2002, at 07:02 PM, sasha wrote:

> I'm not saying they're a bad host or have questionable
> service, since I wouldn't know.  They just don't look
> reliable.

As I suggested to Kevin, "you might want to talk to them".  They may
meet his needs.  It seems to me that there are a lot of companies to
choose from out there.  The important thing to me is to have a reliable
pipe and good communication.  They have a reliable pipe to the internet
and they are responsive.  We can all grip and moan about our ISP but the
truth of the matter is, there are no guarantees in life.  Ultimately, we
need to do our own due-diligence.  We do that by asking for information
on lists like this one.  Also, it is important to initiate a dialog with
those that you will do business with.  One cannot rely only on the poop
on the web page or a commission salesman.  Once you have done this, you
must act based on your information.

Maybe this is an of the wall idea, but considering the number of folks
on the list that are in search of reliable hosting services do you think
we could use group leverage and approach a vendor like Rackspace to help
us set-up a developer's co-op program?   Would that be too crazy?

As for Sevaa, they are a small hosting company.  But the guys are
knowledgeable and responsive; that is important to me.  In a nutshell, I
would much rather be with a young, responsive and hungry hosting company
then a big, un-responsive monolithic provider.

Regards,

Robert