[thelist] Setting a MySQL value to NULL using PHP (solved)

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed May 1 07:17:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
>UPDATE tblFOO
>SET bar = NULL
>WHERE ID LIKE '10%'
>
>but I am not getting the expect results.

hi jay

that looks okay to me, assuming ID is a character field

if it's not, you probably have some implicit conversion going on, and it's
not giving the string you thought it should
[/snip]

You are right rudy ... it is okay...I feel like such a "duh" or "d'oh"
sometimes. It was a GRANTS problem combined with a GUI problem, which
generates a tip.

Jay

<tip type="MySQL - Remember To Flush" author="Jay Blanchard">
While using any one of the myriad graphical managers for MySQL can be a
"Good Thing", they often fall short of using the command line for ease and
efficiency. When adding to, removing, or changing permissions using
"mysqladmin reload -p" is the quickest way to insure that grants are proper
immediately. Also, you can use "mysqladmin flush-privileges -p" to perform
the same operation.
</tip>